Are you having a hard time coming up with economics research topics for a short or long project? It can certainly be difficult to find a research idea that interests both you and your reading audience. This article provides you with 100 fresh research topics for economics to fit any assignment. They cover a wide variety of discipline areas, so you are sure to find something that works for you. After picking a topic, start writing the paper and don’t forget about a strong research statement based on the topic.
Good Economics Research Topics for All Students
- Describe the way thought history in economics has changed in the last 50 years.
- How does demand affect the way companies hire to provide products and services?
- How have small businesses been impacted by the current pandemic?
- How important are KPIs to small businesses and entrepreneurship?
- Explain how consumer behavior affects the way companies utilize social media.
- How has social media changed the way companies invest in marketing?
- Does outsourcing jobs help domestic economies rebuild during recessions?
Health Economics Research Topics
- How was early life in the American west affected by socioeconomic and health factors?
- How do prior health conditions affect the way insurance companies decide who to cover?
- Explain how adult health can be impacted by the onset of an economic depression.
- How is health related to economic health among lower-income communities?
- How does child health impact the economies of developing nations?
- How have the G7 nations been impacted by the Covid-19 global pandemic?
- How do government bailouts affect small businesses that can’t pay their employees?
Environmental Economics Research Topics
- What should governments do to improve local economies?
- How does the protection of wildlife improve a nation’s economy?
- Does religion contribute the national economies?
- How does an increase in income affect consumer choices?
- How does marital status affect the way employers make their hires?
- What is the relationship between salary levels and international relations?
- In what ways does outsourcing reduce operational costs?
Economics Topics for Research for a Short Project
- How did BREXIT affect smaller businesses in the United Kingdom?
- How does the environment affect how the U.S. does international business?
- What are the benefits of utilizing social media in microeconomics?
- Provide a case study for how companies have survived product-related scandals.
- How do businesses benefit from providing Covid-19 updates to their client bases?
- Does the return of professional sports put the U.S. economy at further risk?
Behavioral Economics Research Topics
- What are the biggest issues with using heuristics as a problem-solving method?
- Describe the most common problems of the bias in behavioral finance.
- How can people’s behavior be influenced by national economic factors?
- Describe how psychology factors into local economies.
- How to make economic predictions utilizing behavioral data.
- How do marketers utilizing consumer data to make financial decisions?
- How do student loans negatively impact the U.S. economy?
Simple Research Topics in Economics
- What are the major differences between short term and long term economic growth?
- How does the legalization of marijuana in your state impact economic growth?
- How will artificial intelligence and robotics affect the future of economics?
- Explain whether or not economics can be considered an experimental science.
- Provide an analysis of a low-income economy and explain whether or not it will grow.
- How did the 2008 economic crisis in Iceland impact global financial markets?
- Should credit card companies require people under the age of 21 to take economics courses before they qualify?
General Research Paper Topics in Economics
- Explain the history of economic science in the 20th century.
- Describe the economic equilibrium that exists between demand and supply.
- What role do monopolies play in domestic and international markets?
- Explain the relationship between government debts and revenues.
- Analyze two different pricing models for company assets.
- What are the short-term and long-term costs of production?
- How does creativity help the economic outlook of a company?
Economics Research Topics for Undergraduates
- In what ways do seasonal changes affect domestic economies?
- How are renewable energy companies affecting the way people invest?
- In what ways does the natural world affect domestic and international economies?
- Write a case study for how environmental factors affect small businesses’ revenues?
- What are the biggest challenges of instituting universal health care to the economy?
- How does the increase in overall poor health among Americans impact the economy?
Economics Research Paper for College Students
- How do companies struggle when they attempt to use more natural resources?
- Explain how nature has suffered the most by the onset of industrialized economies.
- What is the best strategy for improving the profitability of mid-size businesses?
- How do smaller companies compete against larger companies in today’s economy?
- How can small businesses continue to pay employees during the current pandemic?
- How does a company’s advertising style influence purchase/sale decisions?
- What do companies with no sale policies do to the U.S. economy?
Interesting Research Topic in Economics
- What are the biggest challenges in advertising that can lead to a company’s closure?
- How is supply affected by communication tactics used by social media specialists?
- How do businesses change their pricing strategies to help revive the local economy?
- Select a market system and outline the biggest factors that can negatively affect it.
- What impact does purchase local produce have on restaurants?
- How does the purchase of locally manufactured goods help other businesses thrive?
- How do pricing strategies affective pricing wars between competitors?
Modern Economics Topics for Research Paper
- How do banks set international exchange rates during times of recession?
- What is the process that goes behind making economic forecasts?
- Describe how the U.S.’s market structure works compared to the U.K.s.
- Compare and contrast the various methodologies that go into microeconomics.
- What are the positives and negatives of privatized utilities?
- What impact does war have on the economies of all the nations involved?
- What are the effects of the U.S. current fiscal policies on its people?
Current Topics for Economics Research Paper
- Analyze the current U.S. economy as it has been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- How does the valuation of stocks work differently in the U.S. and Japanese markets?
- What is meant when economists use the term “perfect competition”?
- Compare and contrast implicit costs and explicit costs and how they relate to opportunities.
- What are the major reasons behind the most common market failures and can we prevent them?
- Should the United States focus on protecting small businesses more than large companies?
Economics Research Topics List for Grad Students
- What are the most important factors behind game theory in economics?
- How does limiting availability of commodities help boost local economies?
- Why are large companies in the U.S. constantly being bailed out economically?
- What impact did the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 have on the U.S. economy?
- How has the market success in European and Asian countries benefited from IMF policies?
- Which is the best way to implement the Laffer Curve to modern-day economics?
Economics Research Paper Topics for a Short Project
- How do banks work differently in the U.S. compared to other parts of the world?
- What are the biggest factors that led to cryptocurrency’s financial failure in the U.S.?
- Examine your state’s budget deficit and provide different strategies to improve the financial gap.
- Would adding restrictions to labor organizations improve economic standards in the U.S.?
- What is the most effective way of implementing neoliberal reforms across the United States?
- What were the major factors leading to the global financial crisis of the late 2000s?
Best Research Topics in Economics
- What are the main models of regulating economies in foreign nations and how do they impact international relationships?
- How is the U.S. economy affected by patent wars between two or more similar companies?
- What impact do small businesses have on the U.S. economy and how can we protect them?
- How does e-commerce help or damage the U.S. economy in today’s recession?
- What impact does illegal immigration have on the U.S. economy?
- Should the U.S. move to a salary or a merit-based only economy or keep hourly wages for some jobs?
- How are prices impacted by consumers’ abilities to make purchases during states’ closures?
In addition to this economics research topics list, we can provide you with several resources instructing you on how to choose a great topic and write an excellent paper. Our support staff is available 24/7 and can be reached by chat, email, or phone. Don’t start your economics research without first contacting us for assignment assistance. We look forward to hearing from you and are always glad to help you with all of your academic needs.