Persuasive research paper topics require writers to select a side and prove why they are correct using clear language and hard evidence. A persuasive paper is a form of write-up in which the author aims to convince the audience that their argument is valid. When writing this paper, you want the readers to see the issue from your side and agree with your viewpoint on an argument.
A persuasive paper differs from an argumentative essay because it focuses more heavily on the author’s side. In contrast, an argumentative paper shows a more balanced point of view while discussing both sides. A persuasive essay includes more of the writer’s opinion, while an argumentative paper uses data and facts to support an argument.
This blog post lists various topics for persuasive papers. It’s helpful because many students need help choosing good titles for their persuasive essays.
Top Persuasive Research Topics
Do you want to write about a persuasive topic that will catch everyone’s attention? Here are the top ideas to consider when searching for a title for your research paper.
- Why every teacher should undergo a psychological test before embarking on a teaching journey
- Why governments should ban fossil fuels
- Should households keep wild animals as their pets?
- Why schools should not subject students to online learning
- Reasons many students want to pursue journalism courses
- Why every vaccine should take a year
- Why the world needs genetic engineering in the 21st century
- Why spouses should spy on each other
- Why phishing and hacking attract more male teens
- Reasons parents should monitor their kid’s educational progress
- Why physical education is necessary in elementary school
- Why colleges should make semesters shorter
- Why most men prefer science-related courses
- How safe is the internet for young children?
- Why zoos are essential in the modern world
- How ethical is animal testing?
- Euthanasia- Is it a human right?
- Should governments channel more funds into public libraries?
- How reliable is green energy?
- How to persuade a mayor to establish a skate park
- Is life better now than 30 years ago?
- Do parents teach their children old-fashioned manners?
- Is being rich and alone better than being poor with friends?
- Is print news relevant in the current technological world?
- Do you think we would befriend aliens if they came to Earth?
- Do humans make new friends as they age or focus on retaining the old ones?
- Which crop is the most essential to the contemporary economy?
- Is the love for your job more important than making more money?
- Is being a morning person better than being a night person?
- Which season is the worst?
These are some of the top issues to explore in a persuasive research paper. However, they require extensive investigation to write informative pieces.
Persuasive Writing Topics About Education
There are many things to research and write about when exploring education. And people have varying perspectives on various aspects of education. Here are persuasive topics to consider in this sector.
- Should school cafeterias offer soda?
- Should schools provide abstinence-only education?
- Should schools allow speakers with controversial ideas to speak to students to uphold free speech?
- Should elementary schools teach cursive?
- Should professors and teachers be unbiased?
- How do you feel about universities with pass or fail grades only instead of letter grades?
- Should the First Amendment protect high school journalists?
- Should the government make college education free?
- Should the education system require all students to pursue arts?
- Should schools use standardized tests to determine whether students will proceed to the next grade level?
- Is homeschooling or online learning more effective?
- Why students should learn financial literacy
- Should every student pursue a college education?
- Should the education system require learners to have a gap year before joining college?
- Should the education system require students to learn at least one foreign language?
- Should free college tuition be accessible to all students?
- Are learners more likely to excel when they attend university or private schools?
- Should the government give bonuses to teachers with good classroom performance?
- Should the education system abolish standardized testing?
- Is homeschooling the best alternative to conventional schooling?
- How effective and fair is the current grading system for public schools?
- Should practical subjects like programming and coding be the focus of the modern education system?
- Should colleges require students to engage in community service to graduate?
- Should all public schools make uniforms mandatory?
- Are technological advances making textbooks obsolete?
- Should schools allow students to carry phones?
- How relevant is homework?
- Should the education system enable learners to choose what to study?
- Which rule should schools change?
- Should schools offer self-defense classes?
You can explore these topics if you want to research the educational sector. Nevertheless, prepare to spend sufficient time investigating various sources, including past studies, to write a winning paper.
Persuasion Topics For College Students
Are you pursuing your college studies, and the educator requires you to write a persuasive research paper? If so, consider the following titles for your essay.
- Governments should ban standardized examinations
- Student loans- Are they good or bad?
- Alcohol and drug consumption in college: A real problem or an experiment?
- Are college relationships long-lasting?
- Colleges should not allow students to bring children to classes
- Do fraternities affect students’ behavior and performance negatively?
- Technology increases screen time
- College athletes deserve more benefits during their academic life
- Most universities offer irrelevant and outdated programs
- Campus accommodation should be free
- How can the United States address the gun violence issue?
- Why cyberbullying is a crime
- Schools should allow children to bring their pets
- Why the world should have only one currency
- Beauty contests affect female teens’ self-mage negatively
- Governments should require churches to pay taxes
- Why equal representation of races and genders is essential in the police
- Is online learning ideal for teachers and students?
- Does vegetarianism save animals?
- Is hunting an ethical hobby?
- The law should limit speech freedom
- Music was better 50 years ago than now
- Climate change is the most significant challenge that has ever faced humanity
- Countries should aim to improve themselves instead of spending their resources on worldwide issues
- Courtrooms should allow journalists to film their proceedings
- Governments should legalize fracking
- Society will eventually bring its destruction
- Nuclear power is hazardous for humanity to rely on it
- Obesity threatens world health significantly
- The scientific research method has many flaws
- Why governments should impose more laws on environmental conservation
- Why governments should prohibit garden owners from growing exotic plants
- Why governments should lower the number of diesel motor vehicles
- The sun has many untapped health benefits
- The dangers of hydraulic fracturing
- Why governments should establish recycling plants in all neighborhoods
- How to reduce paper use via natural methods
- Why governments should implement more decisive measures when searching for alternative energy sources
- Why every individual should be mindful of endangered and rare species
- The state should protect environmentally sensitive areas
- Governments should impose more restrictions on people who fish in the lakes
- Is palm oil dangerous on human skin?
- Can hybrid cars address the air pollution issue?
- Should there be a free speech zone in every college?
- Should college students take at least a single course in diversity studies?
- How ethical is asking for criminal history when hiring new employees?
- Should colleges require all students to learn computer science and coding?
- Should colleges make leadership training mandatory?
- Minecraft has educational benefits for a child’s motor skills
- Montessori schools limit a child’s mental development: Case study persuasion
These are exciting persuasion topics for college learners to explore. Nevertheless, prepare to spend significant time investigating the issue you choose to compose a winning paper.
Persuasive Topics To Write About In Economic Papers
Your educator may require you to write a compelling topic paper when pursuing economics studies. Here are topics to consider for your project.
- Why do governments guarantee every worker a minimum wage?
- Why governments should subsidize projects that explore green energy
- Is the introduction of higher taxes on the wealthy class necessary?
- Are free trade treaties detrimental or beneficial to developing nations?
- Should the government require high-ranking officials to pay higher taxes?
- Should governments spend more on renewable energy sources rather than fossil fuels?
- Should countries regulate the currency markets?
- Should governments set limits for financial institutions and banks?
- Does immigration benefit a country’s economic growth positively or negatively?
- Can a country sustain economic growth without hurting the environment?
- Should restaurants raise staff wages and eliminate tipping?
- Should the government forgive student loans for college graduates?
- Should the US government impose fewer or more tariffs?
- Is spending a summer working as an unpaid intern for a prestigious company better than working as a paid work at a local restaurant or store?
- Is the American dream achievable, or is it a myth?
- Cryptocurrencies can hurt the United States economy.
- The basis of the United Kingdom investments are cultural points only
- Colleges should require students to pursue business entrepreneurship courses regardless of their majors
- Governments should not use authoritative leadership methods to deal with ethnic minorities
- Digital economies can harm African developing countries
- Hyperinflation can prevent smaller-scale problems
- Employment challenges always relate to improper resource allocation
- Creating a scarcity problem elsewhere is necessary for economic growth
- Outsources can harm economic development
- Electronic accounting books are more likely to fail than paper alternatives
- Is capitalism an ethical or functional economic system?
- Should the government tax everyone at the same rate, regardless of income?
- Can society introduce a new economic system?
- Should the federal, each state or individual companies set a living wage?
- Should all people embrace the four-day workweek?
- Should the government exempt people who earn wages below a certain amount from taxation?
- Should governments reward and encourage people who ship locally?
- Has contemporary consumerism exceeded limits?
- Should media and TV programming ban ads that target kids?
- Should governments monitor all economic activities of the citizens?
Economic topics are among the hotly debated issues globally. Thus, students can explore many problems in this field when researching and writing academic papers.
Writing Topics Persuasive List Of 2023
Do you want to write a research paper about the latest persuasive topic? Here are some of the newest ideas to explore in your research paper.
- Social media is making young people more isolated
- People are wasting a lot of time on digital devices
- Students need the motivation to study religion
- Are eating habits controllable?
- Why you can score an A in your campus exam
- Most last-born children like crying a lot
- Reasons to apply for your Master’s degree today
- Why do ladies emphasize their wardrobe more than gentlemen
- Why are men proud of beards
- Reasons to start a business instead of seeking employment
- Why do most IT experts wear glasses?
- Why video games can make you more aggressive
- Why walking alone at night can make you brave
- Overeating desserts will affect your stomach negatively
- Eight hours of sleep can affect your mental activity negatively
- Many college students struggle with depression
- How perfectionism relates to anxiety
- Qualities of a successful social media marketing strategy
- Why you should pay more attention to what you post on social media
- Does social media hurt or improve our society?
- Is traveling the world frivolous or essential?
- Most Americans are fans of reality TV shows- Why is this the case?
- Are libraries necessary when more people read books in their digital copies?
- Can the government do anything to curb offensive music lyrics?
- Are people becoming more self-obsessed in a society where individuals spend more time on social media?
- Should governments allow pregnant women to park in spots for disabled individuals?
- How much should celebrities enable the public to know about their personal life?
- Is military war reasonable in the current globalization era?
- Is training dogs to be service animals ethical?
- Is listening to music when working better than working in silence?
- Should governments allow individuals to clone themselves?
- Should countries lower, raise, or retain their current minimum voting age?
- Does Puerto Rico deserve statehood?
- Should there be a border wall between the United States and Mexico?
- Who deserves to be on the American banknotes?
- Who was the least or most influential President of the United States?
- Should countries decrease or increase the number of refugees they allow every year?
- National security versus individual privacy- Which is more important than the other?
- Should the US grant DREAMers citizenship?
- Did the one-child policy affect China positively or negatively?
These are some of the latest topics to explore when writing a persuasive paper on the latest developments. Pick a topic from this category if you have the necessary resources and time to investigate it.
Persuasive Argument Topics For Research Papers
A persuasive argument paper requires sufficient evidence to convince the audience to take your point of view. Here are topics to consider for your essay.
- Every country should tighten its gun control laws
- Every country should legalize marijuana
- Religion is among the primary causes of war
- Governments should lower the legal drinking age
- Elected officials should have different term limits
- How many Supreme Court Justices are necessary?
- The electoral college is outdated
- The government should lower taxes
- Does school uniform assist in educational attainment?
- Are modern kids worse or better learners than they were a decade ago?
- Should schools allow students to cheat?
- Do parents take children to school too early?
- How beneficial is a single-sex school?
- How can the government reform copyright laws?
- How best can educators teach science in religious schools?
These are some exciting persuasive argument ideas to explore in your research papers. Consider them but prepare to present solid facts to support your argument.
Easy Persuasive Essay Topics
Do you need a topic to quickly research and write about without compromising your grade? Here are easy ideas to explore for your persuasive paper.
- Alcohol consumption affects your health and other life spheres negatively
- How safe are Genetically Modified Organisms?
- Horror movies hurt mental health
- GMO foods may not be as hazardous as some people believe
- Democracy is the best government system in the contemporary world
- Is vegetarianism a healthy lifestyle?
- Men and women be just friends
- Schools should make uniforms obligatory
- Dating obsession can lead to health problems or eating disorders
- Teenagers should not have celebrities as their role models
- Is pizza better than a hot dog?
- Experts invented the internet to transform our lives
- Parents should check their kid’s belongings routinely for drugs
- Parents take responsibility for their children’s diet
- The government should allow people below 21 years to consume alcohol with their parent’s consent
- Courts should jail parents when their kids engage in illegal activities
- Governments should allow breastfeeding in public places
- Boys and girls should have different classes
- Public schools should not serve French fries in cafeterias
- Restaurants should not sell soda to kids
- Schools should not engage in any form of advertising
- Modern classrooms and exams do not match contemporary students’ abilities
- Children’s exposure to reality TV shows instills wrong values in them
- Parents should be accountable for their kid’s obesity
- Should the government increase teachers’ salaries?
- Should children read more?
- Schools should expel bullies
- Students do not need longer holidays
- Is using Facebook a waste of time?
- Governments should ban beauty contests
- Every citizen should speak several languages
- The government should compel citizens to become vegans
- Animal fur usage is unethical
- Schools must allow students to pay within the learning institutions
- All companies should set drug tests as their standard procedure
- College wastes some people’s time
- Governments should make recycling mandatory
- The weekend should last three days
These are relatively easy topics to research and write about in academic papers. Nevertheless, they still require time to investigate and write informative pieces.
Fun Topics For Persuasive Writing
Do you want to have fun when writing your research paper instead of getting homework for money? Here are ideas to explore in your writing.
- Should there be schools for cats?
- Should there be the least number of friends every student must have before graduating?
- Should you laugh at your jokes?
- Should there be a similar uniform for all schools?
- Should everybody learn to cook their food?
- Do teenagers need cell phones, or should parents limit them?
- Should the government require students to pass a test before driving cars?
- Should parents allow their kids to wear pajamas in public?
- Playing video games is the best way to enjoy your free time
- Should the government require parents to pursue parenting classes
- Homeschooling is a better alternative to traditional schooling
- Renting an apartment is better than building or buying a home
- Pet ownership makes you happier
- Video games teach children essential life skills
- Medical rooms should be mandatory in colleges to help students deal with depression and stress
- Journaling can help you cope with stress in a fun way
- Aliens exist, and they may colonize Earth one day
- Lying is a vital aspect of a healthy relationship
- Sporting activities can help you transform your life
- Colleges should require students to study for three months and go on a nine-month holiday
- The customer is rarely right
- Making all drugs legal could make the world a happier place
- Drinking wine and eating chocolate can help you live longer
- Parents have no right to name their children
- Only a few restaurants offer their customers the best experience
- What will happen when donkeys take over the planet?
- The worst song I have ever listened to
- Video games can teach you the skills you need to secure a job
- Most people prefer email spam to actual email letters
- Why the beach has tanning booths
- Scaring strangers is easier when you wear braces
- You can change your life by playing with Barbie
- Most people who love watching shark attack shows cheer for the shark
- Why Mickey Mouse scares children
- How to appear busy at work when doing nothing
- How to look like you’re attentive in class when you’re not
You will have a lot of fun researching and writing about these topics. But like the others, prepare to spend sufficient time working on the project to score a superior grade.
Get The Best Thesis Writing Help Online
Do you have a persuasive paper writing task but need help composing a winning paper? If so, our professionals can provide college homework help. We’re ENL writers with a proven track record of providing custom, reliable, secure, and professional assistance to students at all educational levels. Our experts have advanced degrees in their studies and can provide high-quality write-ups. Whether you’re a graduate, Master’s, or Ph.D. student, we can help you write a good paper at an affordable price. Additionally, we’ll help you handle any persuasive, argumentative, controversial, or current topic. Contact us today!
What are good persuasive research topics?
An excellent persuasive topic is easy to research and write about, ensuring your paper is informative and exciting. However, you must select a topic you’re passionate about to make your project easier to complete. Also, readers relate to good titles because they touch on various aspects of their life.
What are good examples of persuasive topics?
Any topics listed above are good examples of persuasive topics. However, you may consider the following additional titles:
- Should we blame social media for the increasing anxiety and depression rates among the youth?
- Should parents and healthcare providers allow children below 18 years to take control of their medical decisions?
- Do romance novels encourage toxic and harmful relationships among young adults?
These are additional examples of persuasive topics because they allow you to take a stance and convince the audience to take your view.
How do you select a persuasive paper topic?
Consider any of the above topics and modify them to suit your project. However, you must understand your assignment first and brainstorm relevant topic ideas. Select a title that interests you. Also, ensure your readers will want to read your essay by picking an idea for which you can find sufficient information to write a comprehensive paper.
How do you start a research paper on a persuasive topic?
Please start by selecting a title and researching it. After that, outline your paper, and write a brief introduction with a thesis statement. Proceed to the body, providing facts to support your stance. Conclude your essay by summarizing your argument, showing the readers how you’ve convinced them to agree with your opinion.